About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 22 October 2012

Double Bubble

Good Morning All
I will be on the high seas when this is posted I hope.
As it is Monday it is a new challenge at Love to Create.  We have two sponsors today ---
Crafty Sentiments , who will give the winner 3 of their digis, and Floppy Latte Designs.  Floppy Latte will give the winner $10 worth of their designs.
The theme of the challenge it 'Pumpkins Pumpkins Everywhere' so my first card is made with an image from Crafty Sentimetns called  'Holloween'.
I've tried to make the ghost look like he is floating around holding beaded pins so I attached him to  a piece of acetate.
I used an orange 5x5 card blank, matted with black card and I used pumpkin paper printed from a site called 'Squidoo' where you can get lots of free papers.
Joanna Sheen ribbon
Homemade bead pins
Black corner is a Marianne Creatables.

My second card uses a Floppy Latte design called 'Purrcedes'.
I coloured the image with Promarkers
Used some black punched flowers with ornge brads at the centres, and some yellow and orange punched flowers too.
A different shaped bead pin
Used some pumpkins cut out from the paper I used on card above

I found this challenge abit challenging as Halloween was not a big thing in the UK when my boys were young but let me know what you think.
xxxx
Wendy L

CHALLENGES----------
Lexi Creations # 76 - Halloween  (1st card)
Sentimental Sunday - Halloween (2nd Card)
  

14 comments:

Caroline said...

Fantastic card love the image and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant card Ginny ♥

brenda said...

Super cute spooky card Wendy. Hope you are enjoying life on the ocean waves.

B x

Lorraine said...

Fabulous Halloween cards Wendy. Love the little ghost!
Hope you are enjoying the high seas!
Lorraine x

Lozzy said...

love the card. i no what you mean about the halloween challenge.
hope you having a great time x

Janet - aka stacky said...

Brilliant cards Wendy I love them. I hope your having a lovely time xx

Unknown said...

Oh Wendy I hope you are having the time of your life!!! Your cards are both super wonderful..I love the idea of making the Ghost float, Brilliant! You are missed very much my friend.

pam said...

brilliant card Wendy
pam

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi. How fabulous. Love the design and your ghost is amazing.
Thanks for sharing at Lexi's Creations.
Love Sandra xx

Unknown said...

Fantastic makes . Love the little ghost. And the cat on the broom stick is adorable xx

Chris (catt871) said...

LOVE the floating ghost...how clever!!!!!! And I love how your second card opens, veryyyy cool!!!!
Hugs,
Chris

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous ghost and wonderful background paper, will have to check that site out (appreciate the link). Adore your card, thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations!

Sandy S said...

Adorable! Great card and love the layout!
Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...

Sandy S
SSDT

Miradormakings said...

They are both lovely cards but i do like the cat on the broomstick.

Joan x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels