About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 20 December 2012

Playing

Good Evening All
I have been playing with my new toy that I won from Christina at Flowers Ribbons and Pearls and made this  envelope/box  to take a card with  raised flowers on it.
 I cut out an aperture on the front and put acetate in to create a window so the recipient can see the card.  The sentiments on the card are from Forever Friends, the flowers are Tim Holts Dies and I put buttons in the centres which I found in my Mums old button tin ---- Now here's a story --- When I was in the UK in August I saw my Mums old button tin on the back seat on my sisters car, I asked her why it was there and she said Mum was going to throw it away and she volunteered to take it to a charity, so I stepped in and said I would have it------------
I put Spellbinder blossom flowers on the box with pearls in the centre

It brings back so many memories - I used to play with these buttons for ages when I was little, and some of those same  buttons are still in the tin, so they are about 50 years old!!!!
Anyway, back to crafting ----
this is another box I made with my Enveloplus from Crafters Companion (Christina prize)
 
I won the card on a challenge, the prize was $15 worth of goodies from Robins nest and these 12 x 12 papers are perfect for these boxes.  I thought this would be a good one for a Valentines Card.
xxx
Wendy L
CHALLENGES----
Divas by Design # 66 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Pick of the Year (Anything Goes)
Bunny Zoes Crafts - Celebration


7 comments:

Sue said...

WOW!! Such gorgeous creations Wendy. I love the designs and beautiful colours.
My mum-in-law has a big button tin inherited from her mum, they really are wonderful to look at
Sue

Lozzy said...

congrats Wendy on your win. they look lovely, love the colours you have used and the beautiful flowers you made. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year xx

Christina Griffiths said...

The boxes are lovely Wendy and will hold the cards perfectly. I have a button jar and have added to it over the years and dip into it and add to it regularly xx

pam said...

fabulous creations Wendy, my Mum always had a tin full of buttons to, hope you have a happy Christmas & a wonderful new year 2013..pam

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful project Wendy great colours combo Ginny x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous projects Wendy. I love the colours and your designs.
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Perfect out of doors front door just can't prevent the [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#1099]north face denali sale[/URL] step to get together. People today start using their very own creative imagination to dress tasteful and delightful. Kids try to make attire far more striking, [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#919]links[/URL] that may find far more snack they like. Even so, what makes Trick or treat live without big outfits in addition to comfy running shoes?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels