About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 15 May 2014

I Heard It On The Radio

Good Morning All
Moving Along With The Times Challenge time again and the theme this week is 'I Heard It On The Radio'.
Theme is a Song you heard and is really catchy!!       (like Walking on Sunshine = Sunny happy card) 

The other day I heard a song I had not heard for a long time 'Love is Like A Butterfly' sung by Dolly Parton.
This was the theme song for the TV Sitcom 'Butterflies' with Wendy Craig and Geoffrey Palmer and takes me back to childhood.


I used a music sheet background and Spellbinders Papillon die cuts.  I printed the words from the song to use as the sentiment with a pink ribbon and a pearl.


I decorated the inside using  some peeloffs and card.


I put  sentiment label on the bottom as, by the time this post goes live, I will have had my stall at the craft fayre, and it will go for sale there.  I thought it would be suitable for a 'Wife' as the butterfly sentiment is quite 'lovey'.

Great choice for the challenge chosen by Hazel, the boss lady.  Should be fun.

And we have a prize this week,  Mellow Yellow 
  by Donovan.
xxxxx
Wendy L

                                                  CHALLENGES 
Crafty Ribbons - AG + Ribbon

15 comments:

Hazel said...

A beautiful card, Wendy, and I love that song. Happy memories of the Butterflies programme too. Hazel L. x

kbrandy4 said...

Beautiful card Wendy, love the diecut butterflies!
Hugs, Hazel xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Wendy, love those butterflies.
Wendy xx

Janice said...

Super card Wendy - never got this far down last visit - sidetracked onto your super candy! Jx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Wendy - love the beautiful butterflies.
Debs xx

Pami said...

I remember this TV show, I used to enjoy watching it! Love your card, the butterflies are so pretty! P x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh what a pretty card, Love the wee butterflies on it too. I adore that song its brilliant, Liked Butterflies the show too, Love Hazelxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful butterfly card x

Christine Harrop said...

Great card Wendy. I loved the programme - now I will be singing the song for the rest of the day!! Christine x

Carole said...

Super card Wendy, love the butterflies
Hugs
Carole xXx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very pretty, loved that programme. Thanks for playing at crafty ribbons. I have some candy and would love you to enter

pam said...

beautiful butterfly card Wendy, love butterfly's.
pam

Judith said...

This is so pretty Wendy - I think everyones favourite is buterflies on cards and the song is such a great choice - you're so right - this was a fun challenge hugs Judith x

Karina Bunkenborg said...

I just heard the song on you tube. Dolly Parton is wonderful! Your card is beautiful!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
Any card with a butterfly is a winner in my book. Love how you've themed it with the challenge. Know the song (its going around my head as we speak) but think I was in young and in bed when the show was on.
Ang x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels