About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 2 July 2014

An Old Neckace

Good Morning All
Myself, John Next Door and Val from Spain are going to our local craft shop this morning.  Ollie is closing the shop and moving back to the UK and as she has not been able to sell her lease, she is selling everything off.  I really dont want to buy anything other than envelopes, I need some 7" square ones, so that when I make
  6 x 6 card and the embellishment go over the edges, I have an envelope to fit.
*************
I wanted to show you what I made last night while I was a football widow!!!
I was given an old necklace so I chopped it up and made these.





There were very tiny beads, some pearly 4mm and some darker 6mm.  So I made a loads  of hat pins and some of these petal shapes.
John Next Door came up with the idea of making the petals into a big flower, which I do have plenty to do that, I will give it a go.



They are a dark burgundy colour and I even used the same wire that the necklace was made with.
So all these cost me afew pence that the pearly hat pins cost.



I couldn't wait to get on and  make a card with some, and, of course John had some too. 


So this is the card I made - Tonic Studios 'Butterfly Die Set' called 'Summer Azure'
S/B Labels 4 the a stamped quote from Hobby Art.
The swirly gems are from Zva Creative which I was so lucky to win on their blog hop in April


I look forward to reading your comments to see what you think of my bargain.

*********************
Wendy L


18 comments:

Janice said...

Morning Wendy, have a good time craft shopping today, my favourite kind of shopping !!.
Love the hat pins a brilliant way to up-cycle an old necklace. Also like the way they have been made into flowers. I will pop over to "John next doors blog" to see what he has done. Janice x

Christine Harrop said...

What fabulous makes Wendy. Looking forward to seeing your bigger flower eventually. Lovely card too. Christine xx

Sue said...

A beautiful card and design,Love your pins Wendy.
Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design,fabulous details.xxx

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful card Wendy, thank you for the nice email that you sent me, beautiful pins. I can't remember how to put my Krafty Keepsakes underneath lol. love Jen xxx

JJ said...

Beautiful Wendy,

These look lovely, well done for recycling. Will be interested to see your flower when its done.

The card is beautiful too, love the design.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Absolutely stunning Ginny x

Leeann said...

the only word I have right now is "wowzers", I'll be back to give this a try :)

Patricia said...

Brilliant, they are all beautiful and will be very useful.
I often pick up cheap bead things to break up and re-create. Makes you feel you really have achieved something.
Love your stunning card, great colours and design.
Have a great day

Patricia x

John Lockwood said...

Simply beautiful Wendy! John x

MRS DUCK said...

Well done Womble Wendy!
Recycling at its crafty best.
Your card is stunning. The dies are lovely.
I thought your pins were the big ones like Sue Wilson uses but obviously not. Maybe my beads will fit on these smaller pins. . . .thanks for the idea.
Bet you didn't just buy envelopes today. . . . . And why is everyone moving back to the UK?
Best wishes.
Ang x

pam said...


hi Wendy, beautiful card..gorgeous colours and love those hat pins..
I have been cutting beads of all sorts today to recycle..
pam

Val Jones said...

Hi Wendy. Did you really think you'd stick to buying a few envelopes at Ollies?
Love the hat pin idea. Really pretty way to use those little beads.
Love the card.
See you later.
Love Val x

Hazel said...

Wendy your hat pins are fab, a great use of that old necklace. As for your card it's stunning. Like the others have said I can't see you JUST buying envelopes.
Hazel xx

Lozzy said...

Stunning card Wendy, beautiful and elegant. Love what you did with the old necklace..Hugs Lozzy xx

Ita said...

Hi Sue,
Fantastic card ,love it ,
Ita.

Ita said...

Hi Sue,
Fantastic card ,love it ,
Ita.

Mummylade said...

wow, that necklace really came to a new and beautiful use!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels