About Me

My photo
Alicante, Spain
Hi. I live in Spain with my partner. I am retired and LOVE it. I love life here but I do miss my family back in the UK, two sons and three sisters and my Mum. Crafting is my life, I do something every single day. In the past it has helped me get through some bad times in my life. One such bad time was when my first grandson died aged just 14 months. He had been born 8 weeks prem but was very healthy and was growing into a beautiful, bonny boy. It was such a shock when the call came. A day never passes when I dont think of him. I am now Nanna again to grand daughter, Hollie, born July 2012, and Tess born March 2016. This is my younger son and his partner. I now have another Grandson, Noah, born Nov 2013 to my elder Son and they have 3 daughters Aurora, born March 2015 and Arabella, born August 2017 and Arianna born 2019. Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoy my makes. Please leave a comment so that I know you have visited me. I love reading them all. xxxx

Followers

Follow Me with Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 20 July 2014

Good Bye John

Good Morning All
By the time you read this John Next Door will be well on his way, driving through Spain towards France, on his way to UK.  I will miss him so much but he has done it for good reasons and I,m sure doors will open for him in the crafting world.

This is the card I made for him.



The front is acetate and I stamped in the corner and heat embossed with gold.  Inside I put 'Bitty Blossoms' flowers made from book pages.
Heat embossed the sentiment and added Zva Creative swirl bling which I was lucky to win last month on their blog hop.






I,m not sure where the butterflies are from, they were with some blog candy.

I added one of my bead pins to the ribbon and gems to the butterflies.

This pic is without the acetate, as it always reflects when photographing.

Good Bye John, see you in December.

xxxxxx
Wendy L
CHALLENGES
Suzy Bees
38 - Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss 245 - Butterfly

20 comments:

Janice said...

A lovely card, I'm sure John will treasure it forever. Janice x

Unknown said...

Oh, that is unbealive beautiful card. So clamorous!
Have a nive sunday :)

Patricia said...

A beautiful card that John will treasure forever.
Have a good day even though you will be thinking about loosing your friend. Just think it is for the best solution for John.

Patricia x

Sue said...

Fabulous card,I am sure John will have loved it.

Unknown said...

Awe, beautiful card for John, I am sure it's on it's way to the UK with your good wishes. It's always sad to have to say good bye to a good friend, I left a lot in the UK when I moved here to Ireland, but I had very little choice but to come here.

Ita, how are you today? Hope you are on the mend.

Mrs B said...

Hi Wendy. Gorgeous card. John will have loved it. Take care.

JJ said...

Hi Wendy, this is a fabulous card and I bet John loved it as well as appreciated it.

Never understood the reason why he decided to move back to the UK when, if I am correct, his Mom lives in Spain? I wish him well though whatever the reason I bet you will miss him greatly.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Christine Harrop said...

A fabulous card Wendy which John will treasure. You will miss him I have no doubt. Hugs Christine xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Wendy
I know John is coming my way but I feel so sad for you as I know what a fab friend he is.
Your farewell card is beautiful and I'm sure John will treasure it as he will your friendship.
Best wishes.
Ang x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fantastic card you are going to miss him. It is very hard to say goodbye to fellow Expats Ginny x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card you have made for John. Hope you are ok xx

Doreen said...

This is beautiful,lovely details and fab colours.xxx

Mummylade said...

it is absolutely wonderful, I'm sure he was thrilled to get it

Val Jones said...

Hi Wendy. A beautiful card that looks even better when you seee it in person.
Love Val x

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi wendy ... just loving your card for John ... and i must say I had to look twice it looks just like a box of cadburys milk tray ... ooo well maybe thats because I have chocolate on my mind ... I am sure you will miss your little crafty partner ... hope all is well with you ... sorry I have not visited for a while but thank you for popping by my blog xxx happy crafting and love sandy xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous and thank you for stopping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my challenge card...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Design and I love the Colour Tones you have used, thank you for sharing with us over at Suzy Bee's it always a pleasure...
Hugs
Suzy B ( Owner )
XX

pam said...

Hi Wendy, love this beautiful card for John, I`m sure it will be treasured, lovely design with your gorgeous roses and lovely colour tones.
pam

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Wendy. Lovely design and flowers.
Lorraine x

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 38 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels